Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hmmm...

Sheesh...how has it been a week since I updated here?  Is your life crazy or is it just us?  I guess crazy isn't the best word.  We just have too much to do and not enough time to do it all.  Not complaining...just saying. 

Thanksgiving was delicious.  I ate way too much.  Ryder ate nothing. Well I take that back.  He ate some cookies.  No healthy foods for him.  He doesn't care...he'll starve before he caves in.  I ended up making pumpkin spice cake crumb balls.  Bobby Flay's recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding sounded wonderful...but too complicated for this mediocre cook. 

Black Friday = Me + Kohls @ 3a.m.  Crazy, I know.  But its so worth it to fight the crowds one day a year if for no other reason than to have fun stories to tell.  Kohls, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond all before 6:15 a.m. The mall by 7 a.m.  Lunch, rest, different mall until 9:30 P.M. Still not finished, but I've made a dent.

Sunday, after having to have my car towed from the park for the SECOND time, due to a lost key...Matt and I had a long talk.  My organization skills are terrible.  I've spent this week trying to take control of my schedule, duties, etc... In turn, that is really why I haven't updated in awhile.  With everything I have to do just to keep ahead or in the ballgame...I hardly have time to sit down at the computer.  This time the key loss was actually not my fault at all...someone snatched my bag from right behind me....but it was just a wake up call for me to pay attention to my surroundings and take control of everything that seems to spin out of control at times. 

We are all decorated for Christmas. I picked up RR's keepsake ornaments today.  I get them one each year and hopefully find one that fits their current likes.  Ryder LOVES Mickey Mouse & Pluto right now and I found the perfect ornament!   

I had a harder time finding one for Rustin, but I loved this 1...they have them up through 3 I think.
 
Love y'all!!  Night!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Joy I totally feel your pain on the organizational front! Sorry about your key issues! One day if I ever move I'll get a key made to your car. And I'll have you keep one of mine. Ha!!

Carley said...

Hi sweet Joy! I'm so sorry someone took your bag. That's such a bummer. I love the hallmark ornaments. I started that same tradition with Cody and love them. Hope you are doing well and that we can get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the ornaments too! I stole a cute tradition from a friend to get an ornament each year that goes with their Halloween costume. So, we're in the market for superman ones now! We should all meet up at the zoo before it gets frighteningly cold..unless we're already there! Regardless, we need to meet up again!