Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tasty Tuesday


I haven't done a Tasty Tuesday post in ages...but these are worthy of a post! Ryder asked for doughnuts this weekend, and because I was too lazy to drive the 10 miles to the closest doughnut shop...I told him we'd make some at home instead.  I jumped on the computer and found the recipe here:  Sunday Baker: Cinnamon Breakfast Puffs

Oh they were heavenly.  I made 24 and ate approximately 20 of them myself.  Ryder had the other 4 that were left. " Matt and Rustin fell victim to "You snooze you lose".  Actually Matt was awake....I just inhaled them quicker than he could grab one.
 
I followed the directions exactly and didn't deviate from the ingredients:
 
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/3 c. melted butter
1 large egg
1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1-1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. milk


Glaze
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 t. cinnamon (mix together with the sugar)


In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.


In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, beating well. Slowly add in the flour and milk, alternately, starting and ending with the flour.

With a small ice cream scooper, fill a greased mini muffin pan (each to 3/4 full). Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.

Remove from oven. While warm, dip each puff in the melted butter, then the cinnamon/sugar glaze.

 Y'all make some...they're so good....eat the whole plate (it will make me feel better)!

0 comments: