Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Wreath and a Little Christmas

I ♥ all things burlap.  A girlfriend shared with me an easy and quick way to make a burlap wreath last week.  All you need is a wire coat hanger and the burlap that you find in the floral section of Michaels or Hobby Lobby.  It comes on a spool (similar to ribbon).
Bend your wire hanger into a circle.  The larger the circle the more burlap you'll need.  The boys and I bent the hangers into small circles so that we could make these little wreaths for their teachers.  I used wire clippers to cut off the extra hanger material I didn't use.  Each wreath used approximately two spools of burlap. Don't secure the ends of your circle just yet.   Simply start feeding the hanger through the burlap and bunching the material as you go.  Make sure you can't see any of the hanger and at that point you know you've used the right amount of burlap. To secure everything, twist the two ends of your hanger together.  This was the hardest part for me...my thumbs still hurt.  Now you can fluff and adjust until it looks just as you  want it.
 I rolled strips of scrap fabric into rosettes as an accent and then used these free thankful printables for the boys to tell me why they were thankful for their teachers.  These were so cute and my total cost was only $8 per wreath!
And with all of the Christmas pinning, I couldn't resist pulling out the tree and ornaments over the weekend. This was Rustin's first glimpse after waking up from his nap...I love the excitement that comes with this time of year!

0 comments: