Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Broken Heart

Rustin climbed in bed with us before the sun came up this morning.  He's my baby and he has a way of melting my heart. 

He's a talker.  I mean he always, always has something to say.  This morning he confided in me.  His voice was soft...a whisper.  He asked what we were doing today.  I whispered back, "church".  He responded softly with, "Oh yipee...that means no school!".  I asked him why he didn't want to go to school and he said, "I don't want to go to school because Emma broke my heart...she took it out and stomped on it.  She broke it in half".  He said even more quietly, "Cavin is her boyfriend now".   

Daddy chimed in after overhearing our conversation...."Girls are trouble, buddy.  You're better off just staying away.". 


Remember this baby boy.... you're only three...it's a long time before we should be mending broken hearts...but always know that no matter how broken your heart is..I will be here to piece it back together.  There is nothing a little Blue Birthday Cake Ice cream can't fix.  May you always confide in me.  May you always turn to God and may you always know that He is your safe haven.  We'll be here to remind you of that and wrap our arms around you when you stumble!

Or...you could just sing her one of your favorite songs at school tomorrow.   Cher Lloyd's "Want You Back"~