Wednesday, December 31, 2008
January 1, 2008, we woke up elated that our 3 month old baby was sleeping through the night. Blessed to have a nice sized consulting load to supplement our income. Began going to the gym religiously and feeling a lot better! My baby boy turns 6 months old. He and I drive to San Antonio to meet Matt there on business. See Miss Brenda, Shop at Outlets and Ryder meets the Valles family for the first time! Discover Blogger thanks to Misty! Went on our first camp out with baby in Spring where Matt's Mom taught Ryder to drink from a straw. Ryder learns to crawl and the next week we leave for vacation on the beach in Florida. Ryder hates the sand and we take turns going to the beach and staying in condo with baby. Decide we shouldn't go to beach again for awhile. Matt changes jobs so that I am no longer a part time single mom. I.e. New Job=No Travel. Ryder begins feeding himself table food and we did away with bottles! Sounds silly, but saves me so much time! Ryder starts Mother's Day Out and turns One with a big boo-boo on his forehead. I started a Bible Study thanks to my Neighbor Paula! I have learned so much and made new friends. Economy takes a turn for the worst and suddenly all my work goes away. Since No Work, we drive 6 hours in a car with a baby that did absolutely wonderful to camp in Arkansas. Sesame Street a Musical Celebration will always remind us of this trip, LOL! Hike with Grandma & Grandpa. Ryder meets his Great Great Aunt Irma. She loves Ryder to death! Ryder starts walking just in time to go door to door trick or treating in his spooky skeleton costume. Holidays are approaching and my workouts seem to be tapering. Spend Thanksgiving at Aunt Kara's and then Aunt Mindy's. Go shopping, shopping, shopping...Ryder rides the carousel for the first time and LOVES it! I turn 31 and then Celebrate Christmas. Ryder made Christmas so much fun this year. Make New Years Resolution to be back at Gym 5 days a week, become more organized in every aspect of my life and make it to Church every week. We have no plans for New Years Eve other than playing Wii and eating yummy food, woohoo! We love you all and wish you the Best in 2009!
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 4:09 PM
Friday, December 26, 2008
Playing with the Camera...
If you know Ryder, you know he loves "Gucks"!
Ryder: "Mama, this Keyboard is FANTABULOUS!"
He is telling us all about his fancy Elmo Restaurant
Christmas Eve Services
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 8:42 PM
Explanation: The Year was 2004...we were camping at Lake Whitney and my girls were by my side! Bet a lot of you didn't even know we have these two...poor things have had to move to the back burner a bit since Ryder was born! They are our girls, though...getting old at 8.5 years now. We got them both a month after we were married in July of 2000. So, let me introduce you all to Autumn (in my arms) and Miss Blue!
Now I tag:
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 8:31 PM
Friday, December 19, 2008
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 7:25 PM
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
1. Baking Mixes in a Jar. I actually received a Brownie Mix in a jar last year from my nephew for Valentines and they were so yummy and very simple to mix up. Another cute idea is Pancake Mix with a Bottle of Maple Syrup.
2. Cookie Dough. Basically the idea of the Pilsbury Slice and Bake, but you make the dough from scratch. How fun, I am making cookies this weekend anyway, so I may utilize that idea.
3. Ornaments in a hurricane. You can use the ornaments next year and then you have a hurricane all year round to decorate with. (Reminded me of Jenn's Jar-O-Lights in 1997...Janelle & Julie- You guys remember that??? Such a cute idea, but that jar got really hot, LOL!)
4. Salt Scrubs and Soaps. My sister always makes me sugar and salt scrubs and I love them! You can get all of the ingredients for relatively good price at Michael's (I think...don't hold me to it, I've never made myself).
5. My younger sister asked me for one thing for Christmas. She had seen this at a huge Craft Fair in Arkansas this Fall. Normally I would have sought out trying to find this for her, but this year I told myself I could do it myself. Thanks to my friends at 2peas I was successful! I don't think she is a regular blog reader, so hopefully I am not giving it away totally! I loved it so much, I did one for us!
So, if you decide to get creative this year, hopefully these ideas will help you out!
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 8:21 PM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
A GREAT RECIPE...
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is
manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan
salmon,broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are in need. Your friends
will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll
be smiling before you know it.
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 5:53 AM
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I really need to read a blog on blogging. I do not keep up with my blog like most. I feel like my life is chaotic and I am here and there, but nothing really interesting happens that I should post on my blog. Then it turns into over a week since I've made a post. Matt said to me yesterday, "Your not really doing your blog much anymore are you?". I thought well yeah, just nothing interesting to blog about...but isn't that what blogging is all about. A place where you can post the monotony of your life sort of like a public diary in actuality. Well life has been busy here since pretty much the day before Thanksgiving. I spent that day with my sister and then the evening with my husband getting haircuts, oil changes, making pies, catching freebirds with my in-laws.
Thanksgiving was at my sister's and then Matt's sisters. We hit the mall at 5:30 a.m. on Friday with Ryder, I know we are crazy horrible parents, but he really does like the mall and watching all the people. Got some good deals, but still not through shopping.
Saturday we helped move Matt's Grandma to a new Senior Living place. It is really nice, kind of like a dorm for seniors. Everyone there was so nice and I think she is going to love it and maybe make some friends to boot!
Sunday Matt helped his parents with some more little move items and then we hit Costco in the afternoon. I got the absolutely cutest little table and shelf with bins for Ryder's playroom! It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I was afraid I would never find anything I liked that well again. The brand is "Cafe Kids" and it is "Pottery Barnish" with a slightly less than "Pottery Barnish" Price. The Best Part was that the assembly was very minimal, which is always a plus for me! We once bought an entertainment center early in our marriage which I was totally excited about because I thought I got a super good deal! Then we opened the box to find a zillion and one pieces. Ever since then I make a point to buy furniture that requires no assembly.
This week I've spent getting back in the swing of things. Also it is the first of the month which is when most of my consulting work comes in. Until my current projects come to an end at which time I will become unemployed because nobody is lending money!! RRRR!!!! Such is life and the construction industry, I pray that it is cyclical like all other things.
I've started playing around with my camera a lot and I love making cards and other little scrapbooking things! As if I don't have my days full enough, I'll sit and play with that stuff at night and then wonder why it is so hard for me to get out of bed in the morning!
And Finally, I am officially 10 lbs. heavier than I was on Monday because Matt made Peanut Brittle Monday night. His Grandpa always made it at Christmas time and he is carrying on the tradition. We just need to ship it on outta here because my mouth can not resist the temptation! LOL! Anyway love you all and now time for me to read and catch up on your Blogs!
Posted by We Three Smiths + 1 at 4:43 PM