Monday, January 3, 2011

Recipe Card Holder

I could say that I was looking for a way to hold my index sized recipe cards and designed this plate to do the job...but that really wasn't the case.  I was looking for something cute to hang on the wall and cover an outlet plate in the dining room.  I think the dining room at the "new house" (as Ryder calls our home) was designed to be either a dining or office/study space.  There are phone jacks in places that I would have never put them (high up on the wall).  I found this plate at Home Goods and picked it up with the idea of placing a piece of silverware on it for a simple wall hanging that would cover the outlet plate.  Obviously, that didn't work out...but I did realize while doing all of our Christmas baking that it holds index sized recipe cards really well and it looks cute sitting out on the counter.  Just an idea for ya!!  Still looking for something to cover the outlet plate.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Really cute idea. Where is there a Home Goods in Dallas? Only one I know of is in Irving but I'm sure that's not the only one...

Recipe Cards said...

Very good idea, Which explain about the recipe cards and its designed. Thank you very much...