She paired it up with some Monkey Bread which is one of my favorite things to bake on a Saturday morning. The recipe I use is really simple:
- 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough...these come in a 4-Pack
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. I use a Bundt Pan and always spray it with Cooking Spray.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using nuts, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull off pieces and eat like this:
This is Ryder's little Buddy and Danielle's son, James. He is quite possibly the sweetest little 3-year old I've ever met! Ryder and James both gave the bread the picky eaters stamp of approval!