Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Em


She is my little sister by seven years.  She is kindhearted.  She is Emmy to my boys.  She is the best daughter my parent's could ask for.  She is my Mother and my Father all wrapped up in one.  I have no idea what we would do without our Em.

She got all dressed up on Sunday and married the Man of her Dreams.  Right there where we all grew up.
 Right there where my parent's brought her home from the hospital.  Right there, in the exact place that we used to jump on the trampoline.
  Right there where we argued about who's turn it was to dump out all of the old leftover food.  Right there where we threw a softball and played in a tree-house all summer long.
 Right there where we drove our Dad's truck for the first time.  Right there where we ran inside excited about our first love and shed many tears when we realized it wasn't meant to be. 

Right there...she said I Do and was the most beautiful bride.  I am so honored to have been right there.  We love you Emmy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And how wonderful to see your sister's dreams come true!

Amber Connors said...

So well written! :) Congratulations to your sister!