Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Did you know that one of Matt's favorite times of the year is Halloween? Ummm....I'm not kidding when I say that he spends months preparing for this one night. He spends hours on websites looking for ideas on new gadgets he can build in an effort to scare the pants off of teenage boys. He spends endless weekends then building these props from scrap materials. He rigs electrical wiring and motors so that they jump out and scare the living pants off of all those who walk past them. He reads blogs of others who also love making these props....I make fun of him so hard...but it really is cute how much he digs this kind of stuff!

Halloween has been so much fun for me over the past ten years. My sisters and I never went Trick or Treating growing up. We lived in the country and in the 14 plus years I lived in that house, we never had a single Trick or Treater. We didn't even buy candy! Our town usually had a street carnival on the Main Street and that is what we did for Halloween.

When Matt and I got married in 2000 we bought a little house in a small new addition. This was the first time I can remember experiencing Trick or Treaters. We had a few decorations for our yard that first year and have continued to collect and grow our Halloween Extravaganza ever since. We have so much fun! He puts so much time into the props he has in our yard and this year he thankfully got a lot of help from his Dad so that it all got finished and up in time for last night.

I took Ryder out Trick or Treating with my Sister and her Little Girl. Rustin was a trooper and made the whole trip around the neighborhood with Ryder in my sling. When we got back to our house, there was probably a crowd of at least 30 people standing around our yard. I was literally scared that I was going to lose Ryder in the crowd of our front yard. You guys...it was CRAZY!!! It made Matt super happy though and I really think the kids and parents get a kick out of it!

We had so much help yesterday from Matt's parents, My Mom and Sisters, Matt's Sisters and their kids came over...it was a huge party last night...I can't remember a more fun Halloween! Ryder was so excited they were all there and went looking for everybody when he woke up this morning. Poor guy was disappointed when he realized it was just us! Here are a few pictures from our festivities.


Our Front Yard


Matt and I with the Electric Chair


Our Little Aggie Trick or Treating


Rustin was a Spider

1 comments:

Mary said...

So cute!! Ryder makes a very cute football player. He makes a cute everything really :)