Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

I am fully aware it is not Tuesday, but for the purpose of this post let's pretend it is. You all know how much I love Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte. What I don't love about it....the price. You can easily spend over $10 by simply Purchasing a Tall Latte (the smallest size, translation for those who do not spend ridiculous amounts of money on coffee, and therefore are not Starbucks lingo savvy) three times a week. The sweet fix...I found a recipe for a Pumpkin Spice Latte you can make in your very own Kitchen for next to nothing!

There is a Blog I follow and many of you may as well called "A Year of Slow Cooking". Stephanie's Blog merely consists of recipes for your slow cooker. I LOVE my Slow Cooker. Start it in the morning and by early evening you have a meal. It is like somebody cooks for you!

Anyway, while wrangling both kids through eating waffles and drinking a bottle the other morning, I had Good Morning America on in the background. They did a segment with Stephanie on using your Slow Cooker and she made a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I have since tried the recipe and it is actually really good! So here ya go, courtesy of "A Year of Slow Cooking":

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (I used skim)
--2 T canned pumpkin
--2 T white sugar (I used splenda)
--2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
--1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
--1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
--garnish with whipped cream (optional)


This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. I used a 4-quart slow cooker, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the slow cooker. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.

0 comments: