Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Candy Corn Rice Krispies

Incase you thought I had run out of ideas for different ways to consume candy corn...I haven't.  This week we added them to our Rice Krispy Treats.
I always melt my butter and marshmallows in the microwave, even though the directions instruct you to melt them on the stove.  I start out at 1 minute, stir and then put back in an additional 30 seconds as needed.  The marshmallows will puff up like this.

Stir everything up together (as if that wasn't obvious).
Ryder is my Kitchen helper and he always likes to stir.
Press them down into a greased 9x13. Hint...put a little cooking spray on your hands and you'll have a much less sticky experience.   Cut them into squares once they have completely cooled.  Taking a bite and getting a chewy piece of candy corn is amazing.  Just ask me...I've only had half the pan tonight ;)

1 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Lord. Why didn't I think of that? Ha yum