Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mud Pies

For the past few weeks, Rustin has been sneaking out the back door to the wooden playhouse.  Usually I'll stick my head out the back door, find him playing contently and go on about my business.  Yesterday evening, I decided to go out and sneak a peek at what keeps him so happy out there.



The answer... Mud-pies.  Who would've known that he has built his own little assembly line inside of the playhouse.


He told me it was his Cake Store.  I ordered a slice of chocolate, but he responded with "I'm sorry, Ma'am.  We don't have chocolate".  Apparently they just sell Vanilla at his store.


 I sat and watched as he went from the buckets of sand he had hauled in from the sandbox, to his muddy rain water sinks.  He molded the mud in his hands into perfect little mounds and then carried them over to a serving area.  He hummed a little tune the entire time.  My throat swelled up a little bit and my eyes filled with tears.  How could we have missed this production? He had obviously been building it for weeks.

My answer was right in front of me.   God's way of tapping me on the shoulder...reminding me to pay attention.  Similar to Rustin's Mud Pies,  that have been in the works for longer than I realized, He is always working in our lives.  We just have to slow down and open our eyes and ears to experience all of it's goodness.