Friday, August 24, 2012

My almost 5-year Old....

In his eyes, yesterday was the best day of his life.  He'd been asking about it for weeks.  He woke up and said, "Do you know what today is, Mom?...It's my Hawaiian Falls birthday party!!!".
He squealed, he jumped, he checked the clock and asked me no less than 15 times if it was time to get in the car.

He doesn't turn 5 for another month, but for his 5th birthday there was nothing he wanted more than to spend the day at the water-park with his cousins and preschool friends.  I told him we'd have to celebrate a little early, since the park is closed by his birthday at the end of September.  I'm pretty sure he thought I was the best Mom in the world and even though I fall short of that on so many levels, it feels good to know that he sees our love.  However it can shine through, let it shine.

We packed a cooler and loaded down the wagon with all of his favorite snacks.


He was so excited that everyone came for his special day. He didn't stop for a minute. Not even for a cupcake or gumballs.  He was off at the water-slides with his Grandma, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins.



 I watched him walk off of the slide, dragging his mat behind him.  Nobody had to tell him what to do or rush him out of the way of others.  It was like a splash of cold water to my face.  He's growing up.  The baby I used to hold, the toddler that used to flush toys down the toilet, the preschooler who would go to school with only one shoe on because he still didn't have enough words to tell his Mom she forgot the other one, the whole reason that I ever started this blog over four years ago....is growing up.


Rustin and some of the girls hung out with me in the shade after lunch.  I think that was Rustin's 3rd cupcake of the day courtesy of Amy's Cakery.  The gumballs are courtesy of the Polka-Dot-Market.


Thank you so much to everyone who came out to spend the day with us yesterday.  Words can not describe the fun he had and how excited he was that each of you were there!




4 comments:

Amber Connors said...

Oh so fun! I wish we were closer - - Evan would have LOVED to attend a water park birthday party! Happy Hawaiian Falls Birthday Ryder!

Janelle said...

I have to say you are a pretty awesome mom. What a great party! So is he in Kindergarten this year? or did he not make the birthday cut-off? Darn those Fall birthdays, right?!?!
Hope you're all doing well in TX.
XOXO

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Y'all are sweet!! I wish you both lived closer!! Pam told me that Evan reminds her a lot of Ryder. I know they'd get along! Janelle...you're right...he missed the cut off but that is good for him. I probably would've kept him back a year even if he hadn't!

Abbey said...

Rockin Party Momma!!!! They grow up so fast!!!!