Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Babe!

I am so glad that I have been able to spend the last 12 Birthday's with you! Well...really 11, but I do remember telling you "Happy Birthday!" 12 years ago, even if we were only technically acquaintances.

You are such an amazing person!

You continue to make me laugh on a daily basis. Sometimes, you make me laugh so hard, my stomach hurts. Most of the time, people would probably look at us like we are crazy, and we probably are a little! The first time I remember uncontrollably laughing at/with you is when you picked me up from the front of the Langford Building, in the Jimmy, wearing your late Aunt Mary's wig and some bad sunglasses. I thought the wig was pretty bad, but when you told me it was your dead Aunt's, I should have been scared. Very scared of you...but I wasn't...instead I couldn't stop laughing.

I love how excited the little things in life make you....like Halloween Gadgets and Christmas Music. You were so cute walking out of Party City Saturday Night...so proud of the Tombstones you found on clearance! It makes me love you so much when I see how the little things make you happy!

Your faith makes me stand back in awe. You never doubt God or the people he has placed in your life. I say a little prayer that your strength and undying faith will make my faith stronger.

Your unconditional love and understanding of me is truly appreciated. There are so many times, you could have treated me like the crazy mama, I can sometimes be....but you never do. Even when I ran out of gas last week for the first time in my 15 years of driving. I was on the side of the road crying. I felt like it was the last straw on a day where nothing was going right...I felt so, so stupid...my only remedy was to call you on the phone. What did you do? You fixed my problems, you told me to breath, you told me to pray...to ask God to be with me since you couldn't be. I could never ask for a better husband.

It touches my heart every time I hear Ryder scream, "Daddy!!!" with sheer delight! That is living proof of what an awesome Father you are! He loves you so much! I wish you could see my view every weekday night when he hears the garage door go up! The Happy Dance begins, and then he runs back and forth from the Kitchen to the Laundry Room, squealing with delight and shouting your name. It is the sweetest picture.

I am so blessed to have you in my life...Happy Birthday, Babe! I know in your eyes, it is just another day....but in my eyes it marks another year that I have been blessed to have you with me!

0 comments: