Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Party

It was Easter Party Day at First Faith. Saying that Ryder's Egg Hunt and Class Party was chaotic is slightly an understatement. We are always pressed for time on preschool days. I am not sure why. How could it possibly be so hard for me to get two kids out the door by 9:00 a.m.? As I ask this question, I remind myself that it was hard for me to get just Ryder out the door by 9:00 a.m. last year.

To change subjects slightly, our house was showed this morning. I received a call at 8:45 a.m. stating that a showing was scheduled from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Ummm...o.k. people...that does not give a lady with a 2-year old and a 6 month old enough notice to get everything in order for a showing. Really. Would you be able to get your house ready with 15 minutes notice?

Did I mention that Ryder is really grasping potty training and we are spending time at home in big boy underwear and lots of time is taken up in the bathroom? I may have also failed to mention that when said 2-year old is engrossed by "Olivia" (thank you Nick Jr.), he will forgo the potty and have an accident. This ensures that he doesn't have to get up from the TV and miss any of the highly imaginative pig and her little "bother". There was an accident that had to be cleaned up, which led to me stripping the beds of sheets, and then frantically making up beds with no sheets before the showing.

As I am throwing a pair of sandals on Ryder so we can get in the car, he decides that he can no longer wear shoes without socks.  Yes, I am even speaking of sandals and flip-flops. They can be worn, but only with socks. Seriously? Seriously? Tennis shoes it was. What happened to the boy who never questioned what I dressed him in?

So. We are late to school, but better late than never is my mantra. I find out from "Ames" (as Ryder calls his teacher) that I need to be back by 10:45 a.m. to hide eggs. I run back home to get Rustin his oatmeal and feed it to him in the car. Head to the bank, get gas in the car and then stop back by the house to grab my camera. Guess What? I can't grab my camera because the people are still in our house. I sit outside my house for 45 minutes and they never come out. No camera for the class party.

Arrive at school, the poop incident of 2010 occurs. Seriously. I go to put Rustin in my sling and notice that there is crusties all over his legs and hands. It wasn't pretty...the worst I have ever encountered. Luckily, I had a change of clothes for him. Poor baby had to endure a full blown baby-wipe bath in the Church parking lot.

Hide eggs, wait for Ryder's class to come out. As expected, Ryder had no interest in hunting eggs. Why would you want to hunt eggs when you can go down the slide, ride the car, swing in the swing? I urged him to put a few eggs in his plastic bucket. Yes, he was the only one with a plastic bucket. I guess no one else felt it was acceptable to send their kid with the $1 job from Wal-mart. Everyone else had the cutest baskets, some even had liners with their name embroidered. We have a cute basket, but I didn't send it to school. Poor kid.  Below is his massive loot (ha!) in his super cute plastic bucket!

Ryder then notices my phone and is only interested in that. He will not sit for his class picture, I bribe him with french fries. "Ryder sit with Reesie and say Cheese...then you can have french fries". Ryder is now fixated on French Fries. He does not understand why the French Fries do not just appear. He really does not understand that he can go back into his classroom and have French Fries (they had ordered Chickaflicka for the party). He insists on getting in Mommy's car for the French Fries. Now he only wants Mommy's keys. Mommy's keys turn on Mommy's car and Mommy's car drives us to the French Fries. Screaming insues. I don't feel bad because every other kid whose Mom came to the party is screaming.

I gained new respect for his teacher if this is what she listens to every day.

I brought him home after finally having French Fries for lunch. He didn't nap, but he did spend 2-hours in his room without fussing. Thank you!!

Finally, I find out that the people who spent so long in the house this morning did decide to go under contract on our house. We are totally lost but at peace. We have no idea where we are going, but we have 2-months to figure it out. The family is moving to Texas from Illinois and waiting until school ends before they make the move. This gives us a little time to figure out where we should be. I know that this is in His plan...I just wish he'd show us the answers.

Thanks for reliving and enduring the day with me...on another note... a sweet friend of mine's little girl underwent a lengthy surgery today on her foot. I just received the update that the surgery went well and all are happy. She is resting with an epidural and able to eat some ice chips. In the words of Jill..."God is Good!".



Connors said...

Well it seems the good Lord put the stress of the day on you to help you take the stress away from the house showing. Congrats! We had a day as well with lots of "Sowwy _________ (insert name)" for plenty of transgressions. I did not have the joy of a baby blow out to top it off. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a day Joy! How exciting about your potential move! And kuddos to you for having your house show-ready on such a busy morning! I could NEVER do that!